I heart TOP

I heart TOP

Thursday, March 5, 2009

.*. :) A very HUMBLE Professor..,,,

Professor Jean McNiff.,,Generally speaking I do not know about her.Until,..........My Lead Project Dr Imran Ho bring her to UKM to give a talk about 'Action Research'. There you go,. What is 'Action Research' is??? Huhuhu I shameful for myself who is a Research Assistant but do not have any information about 'Action Research'. Action Research is different compare to other research such as traditional research that most University students did, and different with social science research of course. However, she stated that she does not say that one is right one is wrong or one is good and the other one is worse. No such thing. Meeting her (Professor Jean) for the first time at KLIA since my friends and I have to fetch her once she landed to Malaysia, was a great great great great great opportunity to meet her in person. Even, we have to wait for her for two hours but I think that it was worthful. Its normal situation people will face it; I mean to wait for somebody an hour if they flew from international. Bcos they have to check for imigration and all of that. I dun wanna talk about this much but let me tell you that this professor "Jean McNift" even she is a Professor but she is really kind, friendly, polite, intelligent of course :),..that I think we in Malaysia lack these kinds of attitude. Besides, I think that her personal attitude (positive) is related what her idea about 'Action Research'. "Dun look down to people and everything is important even it is just a small thing when it comes to ''RESEARCH". For example If you are good at driving it does not mean that you can look down to people who didn't know how to drive properly and etc etc etc. I've learned a lot from her. People are human. Human can think and of course human is not an animal. According to her Action Research is taking 'Action'=work+ doing things and 'Research'=creating knowledge about my/ your practice in other word individual practice. Everybody can do her/ his own Action Research. I love the phrase that the 'Action Reseacrh' use "What am I doing????". For us who are Islam (religious) our religious do teach us to "muhasabah diri". Am I right?. So that, by practicing Action Research in our individual life we do the 'muhasabah diri' though. Because Action Research involve 'What am I doing?',..What we are doing now means what will happen in the future. I shall agree that by doing Action Research will make us motivated because We want the best in our life. However, bear in mind!!! PLEASE BEAR IN MIND that Action Research requires you to give commitment. Its not taking things for granted. Its not like traditional research who deploy theory, analyze data, interpret data, findings,,.........I can say that Action Research is beautiful. A big THANK to Jean for a very useful information that she gave to us....Let's keep in touch. Being with academic people; Professor, Dr encourage me to continue my PHD if I have a chance that I never thought about it;to further very soon.Gambate Kudasait!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Wawa said...

yup..ceng..she is such a wonderful and humble person we ever met..rite..
hope to see her again..and on that time we have to be jeng3 person like her..gambate neh